viernes, 17 de enero de 2014

ghostcarpress: Welp…I guess inkdick is back for the next 365...

http://kriszelisko.tumblr.com/post/72087088903
ghostcarpress:

Welp…I guess inkdick is back for the next 365...


ghostcarpress:



Welp…I guess inkdick is back for the next 365 days and it has it’s own tumblr so it doesn’t clutter up my main art tumblr here too much. So follow that if you’d like to read my journal comics. Wink!


inkdick365:



My name is Pranas T. Naujokaitis and I am going to do a journal comic for the next 365 days.


For those who don’t know me, from 2008 to 2010(ish) I did the sort-of successful almost-daily online journal comic inkdick, but stopped because I wanted to pursue other personal projects and, for lack of a better word, move “beyond” journal comics. Most of those projects never happened though. I did lots of professional projects that I loved doing in the following three years, but not much else, except for a few minicomics here and there.


Then at the beginning of 2013 James Kochalka ended American Elf and my girlfriend Amy dared me to start up inkdick again. I did. Sort of. Doing them once in a blue moon/whenever I felt like it/whenever I felt inspired. I didn’t do very many of them in 2013.


For the past few years I’ve been sort of a mess and I’ve been struggling a little. Maybe it’s a long-running funk, maybe it’s a fear of success, maybe just flat out depression. Sure, when I get professional work I get it done and do my absolute best and people seem happy with it. But when it comes to my personal projects? They just sit in the corner collecting dust.


And that needs to change.


So I’m going to do it. In an attempt to get myself drawing for myself again and make myself a better cartoonist and maybe even a better person, I’m going to force myself to do a journal comic everyday for all of 2014. Every. Single. Day.


I’m going to change the rules for myself a little though. Not everyday has to be a full-blown refined and polished comic. Somedays will be that, and I’ll try to do as many of those as I can. Somedays might just be a rushed, super sketchy number. I mean, realistically sometimes I won’t be able to spend a lot of time on these. Paying work and professional deadlines always take priority. And for my own sanity somedays I might not even do a comic about the day itself, but a comic about something that happened the previous day, week, month, year, or past 28 years. But no matter what, I will be drawing something dealing with my life everyday for this project.


And due to things like time, travel, and other obligations I might not be posting everyday, even if I’m drawing them everyday. But they will all eventually be posted here, even if they are posted up in batches.


If you don’t already, please follow my main art tumblr for my art, illustration, non-inkdick comic work. And please tell everyone you know about this project and reblog the crap out of the ones you like. I’ll feel more obligated/more pressure to finish it the more eyeballs that are on it.


Ok, 365 comics about my every day to day life.


Here we go.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario